I just finished a workshop about blogging that has inspired me to recommit to blogging! One of the tips was to show your readers a little about your everyday life and add pictures! Pictures… I can do pictures!
The other day on a session, I had a client ask what I do when I get a day off. I joked something about not remembering what it’s like to have a day off! Well, the stars aligned today, and I was able to remember what I do on my days off!
I have to preface this day-off saga by saying that in truth it wasn’t a full day off, I had a morning portrait session with one of my favorite families, but I didn’t have any sessions the rest of the day.
So after smacking the snooze button 9 times, putting in my miles on the treadmill, and doing my portrait session, I was ready to get into my Day Off To Do List
1. Plant the tomatoes plants I picked up on my way home from my portrait session – yay spring!!!
2. Get the oil changed in the Burb – it’s been telling me for weeks that it’s time for a change
3. Pick up some groceries while the Burb is getting pampered
4. Buy grass killer, tree fertilizer, pre-emergent, shovel, garden clippers, garden gloves
5. Swing through the drive thru for a nice refreshing Diet Coke
6. Tackle this:
|In full disclosure, there was NO way I was going to snap a picture until I had weeded for a few hours first!|
It still just breaks my heart that we lost this tree last fall. You can see how much bark was scratched off by some wandering kittys. Ignore those amazingly frustrating weeds. I tell you, my day off was going to be full of some much needed yard freshening!